As an Inclusive Employer Quality Mark holder, HML are demonstrating the great ways we are following the stipulated six principles for inclusivity. These define the aims and the values that are expected in our industry.
Each principle has a series of proof points (the criteria) which shows HML what best practice and success looks like for our industry. These are:
- Leadership and vision | Demonstrable commitment at the highest level to increasing the diversity of the workforce.
- Recruitment | Engage and attract new people to the industry from under-represented groups; best practice recruitment methods.
- Staff development | Training and promotion policies that offer equal access to career progression for all members of the workforce.
- Staff retention | Flexible working arrangements and adaptive working practices that provide opportunities for all to perform at their highest levels.
- Staff engagement | An inclusive culture where staff engage with developing, delivering, monitoring and assessing the diversity and inclusivity of the workplace.
- Continuous improvement | Continually refreshing and renewing the firm’s commitment to, and activities to support, being an inclusive employer; sharing and learning from best practice across the industry.